(Dallas, Tx) (Posted March 14, 2018)
We’re looking for a Data Engineer passionate about music and the classification/analysis of music-related data.
At Tuner, Inc., you will get to build scalable collection infrastructure that pioneers music information retrieval. Through utilization of cutting edge technologies, such as Apache Cassandra and Apache Spark, you will design analysis methods and train machine learning algorithms for our unique datasets. Our goal is to paint the most vivid picture of music’s relationship to the human experience and consistently deliver products that improve that experience.
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional paradigms
- Experience working with wide column stores such as Cassandra
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn recommender system design and implementation techniques (Collaborative filtering and Content-based filtering)
- Ability and drive to learn aggressively
- Experience with JVM languages (Scala, Java, Kotlin)
- Work alongside the Chief Data Officer to design, build, and test scalable collection infrastructure
- Design machine learning pipelines for training and running machine learning models on distributed systems
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create product features and facilitate business objectives
We’re looking for an individual who is creative, open-minded, and driven. Tuner, Inc. is a fast-paced, collaborative environment that caters towards individuals who value transparency, respect, and responsibility.